Southern Marsh Orchids

Southern Marsh Orchids

Wednesday 27 July 2016

Help with Harvestman

While turning over logs, on Sunday; searching for slime moulds, I came across this harvestman. It was very obliging, allowing me to get a few photos of it. Looking through my FSC guide to harvestmen, the only species which seems to have those swollen, hairy pedipalps is Sabacon viscayanum ramblaianum. Judging by the LERC data access tool, it seems to be quite widespread in Glamorgan. Am I correct in my identification?



2 comments:

  1. Hi Mark,

    I agree with you, it looks to be a male judging by the colour.

    I had a male Phalangium opilio at Penallta Parc on Sunday and plenty of Leiobunum rotundum in a customers garden around the decking. (so much for being an Autumnal insect)

    All the best Mike.

    ReplyDelete