Southern Marsh Orchids

Southern Marsh Orchids

Sunday 21 May 2017

... and another beetle (Leiopus nebulosus)

A couple of hours strolling between Tongwynlais and Forest Farm saw various leaf beetles just about everywhere. Also a number of weevils which I'm trying to get 'round to looking at but the most interesting was this beastie, seen on the shrubs along the old canal. It is Leiopus nebulosus (Black-clouded Longhorn Beetle). Aderyn shows no records for Forest Farm, although there are records around Tongwynlais.


2 comments:

  1. Will Heeney of the Longhorn Beetle Recording Scheme has informed me that this species had been split and there are now at least three varieties that need dissection to fully ID. Externally I reckon this could be Leiopus linnei ... but I have recorded it as Leopus sp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff, I've never seen this one despite spending a lot of time there.

    Annoying about the split though!

    ReplyDelete